Build Back Better Week 15-21 MARCH 2018
Participants from the Netherlands, Aruba, Curaçao, Bonaire, Saba, St Eustasius, USA, France, Canada and Suriname will travel these days to St Maarten.
15 MARCH/16 MARCH
1. 15 March: AMS- Curacao (KLM) and 16 March: Curacao-SXM (Insel Air)
2. or 16 March: AMS-SXM (KLM)
7.00pm Checkin at St Tropez Oceanclub, Curacao
7.30pm Dinner St Tropez Oceanclub, Curacao
9:15 pm Curacao-SXM (Insel Air or Winair)
15/16 March: Aruba-Curacao-SXM
15/16 March: Bonaire-Curacao-SXM
All groups on Sint Maarten
1.00 pm Inchecken hotel Simpson Bay
3.00 pm Sint Maarten Island tour, Location: Start Lobby Simpson Bay hotel
4:00 pm Registration Build Back Better Week SXM, Location: Simpson Bay hotel
5.00 pm YP mixer sponsored by SHTA & ORCO Bank & Welcome reception Build Back Better Week
Must RSVP to SHTA to attend.
For international guest the hotel will provide a bus between Simpson Bay and event location for $10
9:00 pm Closing
Location: Simpson Bay hotel
8:00 am Registration DO-Tank
8:30 am Explanation DO-Tank
9:00 am Start teams Do-Tank with topics:
- Entrepreneurship & Relearning
- Renewable Energy
- Sustainable Tourism
- NextGen & Youth Engagement
10:00 am Expert sessions on Tourism, Technologies, Entrepreneurship and Resilience
3:00 pm Effective communication workshop - lead by GLP
5:00 pm Nextgen manifesto Deep Dive Session - lead by Global Shapers and the Y2Y Community
6:30 pm Dinner
9:00 pm Closing Saturday
9:00 am Continuation Do-Tank
10:00 am Expert sessions on Tourism, Technologies, Entrepreneurship and resilience
12:30 am Lunch
4:00 pm End Do-Tank and submission presentations
4:30 pm Presentations participants
6:00 pm Award ceremony winners Do Tank
6:30 pm Do-Talk & Drinks
Networking & Individual Matchmaking by Dutch Caribbean Chamber of Commerce & Present Your Startup Caribbean
08:30 Walkin (un)conference room Simpson Bay
09:00 Opening words
09:30 Explanation Unconference principal and the guideline of the world café – hosts Valerie Vallenduuk & Jildou Steensma
10:00 Breakout sessions on 6 round tables with maximum of 6 participants per table. Per table there is a theme.
The themes are:
1 - Sustainable tourism
2 - Entrepreneurship & open subject table
3 - Renewable energy & Technology
4 - Construction & Waste (renewable technology)
5 - Agriculture & Enviromental issues.
6 - Government en NGO’s
14:00 Appointments with interesting people you have met on the tables in the morning.
15:00 Start Beach Clean Up with support of SeaGoingGreen.org and 4Ocean.com (optional)
17:00 Relaxing and some bites.
18:00 Workshops for locals EY, CX pay and ActionCoach
20:00 End of Program
Preparation and tips for participants of DO-Trade:
1) Bring enough business cards or even better: make sure you have a Linkedin account where we can find you! Connect already with Jildou and Valerie to get to know the hosts! Linkedin is the best way to connect business wise world wide.
2) If you have a laptop or tablet you can bring it to show a presentation or pitch deck of maxium of 5 slides. You can use it in the round table sessions as a guideline to present yourself.
3) If you want to leave a good impression you can make a one pager of your company. In one page it is clear what your company does. If you want tips and tricks for that see the example of our design partner here
Day to make appointments on the island and/or travel back
Travel back SXM-Curacao ( Insel 11:30 ) and Curacao-AMS (19:45) (arrives 21 March)
Travel back SXM Curacao (Insel 11:30)